Interesting eb clauses

Analysis

Interesting eb clauses

Illustrating the enterprise focus which enterprise bargaining is meant to be about, the following clauses taken from federal enterprise agreements registered in the fourth quarter of 1996 reflect the increasing individualisation and sophistication of the bargaining parties.

WantToReadMore

Get unlimited access to all of our content.

Illustrating the enterprise focus which enterprise bargaining is meant to be about, the following clauses taken from federal enterprise agreements registered in the fourth quarter of 1996 reflect the increasing individualisation and sophistication of the bargaining parties.

Driving Licences: The Northern Shipping & Stevedoring Pty Ltd Clerk’s Agreement 1996 [Print N5561] provides that where the Company requires an employee to maintain a driving licence, the Company shall pay any costs involved.

Employee Safety: The World 4 Kids Enterprise Agreement 1995 [Print N6022] states that the company will provide employees with safe escorts to their cars after work at night, and safe transport home when employees work past their normal ceasing time, or after 9.00 pm.

Health Insurance: The Edison Mission Operation and Maintenance Loy Yang / ASU Enterprise Agreement 1996 [Print N6625] requires the company to pay 80% of employees’ health cover costs. The agreement also provides that the employee shall determine his or her level of health cover (indicating that the contribution may differ from employee to employee) and that the company shall deduct the other 20% from wages.

Long Service Leave: The AMOCO Australia Agreement 1996-97 [Print N7583] provides that long service leave will be paid at ordinary pay after three years of completed service.

Best Practice: The BHP Transport Pty Ltd Hunter Towage Services Enterprise Agreement [Print N6325] expressly states that past practices at the enterprise are not to apply, and that employees are to work in accordance with the provisions of the agreement, the award, the roster, and relevant operational agreements.

Staff Discount: The Irymple Citrus Products Enterprise Agreement 1996 [Print N5585] provides staff members with a 10% discount on purchases of household items from the company shop, although no discount is available on purchases of equipment which may be used to compete with the employer.

Telework: The N0550 NZI Enterprise Agreement [Print N6613] indicates that the employer will investigate the feasibility of Telework, with the proviso that the arrangement must be in the interests of both the employer and the employee. The agreement promises that a policy and guidelines will be available by the end of 1997.

The above clauses were highlighted by research undertaken by the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

 

Post details